Have you ever had a celebrity crush on someone and thought to yourself, “Man, everything about them is perfect; perfect hair, perfect tan, perfect smile…”? Well, chances are, that smile is perfect because of veneers. In fact, very few people at all are lucky enough to be born with a perfect smile. You might be surprised at how many of the people you know actually have veneers. Few of them, however, will let you even know. And how would you know?
If you’re looking for a dentist in The Woodlands, TX, The Woodlands Dental Group is an all-inclusive practice that can suit all your oral health needs. Dr. Wade Williams, heads up orthodontics for The Woodlands Dental Group. Decorated with awards and certifications, Dr. Wade Williams specializes in Dentofacial Orthopedics and his founding principles of practice are to improve the oral functionality for his patients, boosting self-esteem and improving their overall quality of life. Dr. Mike Freeman, practicing dentistry for over thirty years, encompasses both general dentistry and cosmetic dentistry. With numerous continuing education certifications, and a practice of comprehensive treatment programs for his patients, Dr. Freeman’s desire is to give his patients the best oral health possible with the addition of a beautiful smile to accompany that oral health. Dr. Calvin L. Jochetz, Dr. Alisa Reed, Dr. Robert G. Dernick, and Dr. David Epstein all practice both general dentistry and cosmetic dentistry at The Woodlands Dental Group. These doctors can provide you with the guidance you need to pick the right direction for your oral health and for the most effective aesthetics approach for your smile.
Veneers are a wonderful solution to problematic smiles. Veneers allow you to hide all imperfections from past oral hygiene choices and problems. Veneers allow you to create a beautiful smile from scratch! Teeth that are worn down and stained or even cracked are able to be covered up with veneers. If you have a gap or malformed tooth, veneers are ideal for you. Undergoing the process for veneers is something that can be extensive. However, with today’s technological advances, doctors are able to create a beautiful smile from veneers in less time, and more accuracy than ever before. At The Woodlands Dental Group, they stay up to date with the latest techniques and technology so that they may give their patients the best service possible. Giving an overall higher patient satisfaction rate, and boosting The Woodlands Dental Group to the number one dental practice in The Woodlands, Texas for four years running.
So, how do you know if you are a good candidate for veneers? Well, of course, you want to consult with your doctor, however, here are some basic requirements, and your doctor can let you know the degree of your oral state so that the two of you can make the best decision for you and your smile (Hardin Advanced Dentistry, 2016).
- * Since Veneers adhere to your natural tooth, total tooth loss prevents some patients from going the route of veneers.
- * Decent bone structure health is important for both natural teeth and veneers
- * Lifestyle can impact your doctor’s decision as to whether you are a good candidate for veneers. Sometimes there is a better option for you depending on your lifestyle.
- * Post-procedure care is essential in the success of having veneers. Veneers are not a fail-safe to oral health care. Veneers can be damaged just like your natural teeth beneath. Avoid chewing on ice and hard foods.
- Do not use your teeth as tools to open packaging, and practice good dental routines like brushing twice a day and flossing at least once a day (Hardin Advanced Dentistry, 2016).
What Makes You a Candidate?
- * Having chipped teeth
- * Worn or discolored teeth
- * Good Oral Health- Your teeth do not have decay
- * Enamel loss, yet still have a healthy amount of enamel left to support veneers
- * Aligned Bite
Scheduling a consult can better assist in which direction is best for you when it comes to your smile. During consultation, you can discover the process of getting veneers, undergo an evaluation to see if you are a good candidate for veneers, and find out what kind of payment program your dentist has for you. At The Woodlands Dental Group, we strive to make all your dental goals attainable for you. Call today!
Hardin Advanced Dentistry. (2016). Hardin Advanced Dentistry. Retrieved from http://hardindental.com