If you’ve ever seen those sparkling white teeth on commercials and television, you may be wondering how you can get your teeth just as white! The process for teeth whitening has come a long way in the last few years, giving you both at-home and professional options to achieve the smile you desire.
Teeth whitening is a process where non-abrasive bleaching chemicals are applied to the teeth for a specific amount of time to achieve a lighter color.
Why Should I Whiten My Teeth?
Besides having an aesthetically pleasing smile, you may be surprised to find out that there are additional benefits to getting your teeth whitened in The Woodlands.
Here are some of the most common and important benefits of whitening:
- Reverse Dental Aging: As we age, so do our teeth! Often, aging causes yellowing discoloration of the teeth. Dental whitening can help to restore teeth to their former color.
- Remove Dental Damage and Plaque: Occasionally, dental damage as well as plaque and tartar build ups can cause discoloration of the teeth. These colorations can be yellow, brown, or black, and can be quite noticeable. Damage can also come from eating highly acidic foods or drinking coffees, teas, and sodas. Whitening can help to remove these stains and damage marks.
- After Braces or Dental Devices: After wearing braces or dental devices for a certain period of time, teeth can become discolored around the devices. Once you’ve gotten your braces off, you should whiten your teeth to have a fully straight and bright smile.
- Confidence and Aesthetics: One of the most common reasons for dental whitening is for self-confidence. We smile quite a bit, and if our teeth are discolored, it can leave us hiding our natural smiles. Many people whiten their teeth simply to restore their confidence!
Options for Teeth Whitening
Here are some of the available options for teeth whitening:
- At-Home Whitening: Usually the cheapest option, at-home kits can be purchased at many stores. They may include single-use whitening strips, whitening gel with trays, light treatments, or daily use whitening toothpaste. While they are cost effective, they do not replace professional whitening treatments from your Woodlands dentist.
- Take-Home Whitening: Similar to at-home whitening treatments, take-home treatments will often be given to you by your Woodlands dentist to maintain whiteness between sessions.
- Professional Whitening: If you’re looking for the longest lasting of all whitening treatments, you will want to get your teeth whitened at your Woodlands dentist’s office. The types of treatments vary by dentist, but often include the application of a chemical and light tool for a specified amount of time.
Get Your Teeth Whitened With The Woodlands Dental Group
Have you decided it’s time to get your teeth whitened so that you can have the best smile possible? If you’re unsure about getting your teeth whitened professionally or at home, your dentist at The Woodlands Dental Group can answer all of your teeth whitening questions, provide a consultation, and complete any teeth whitening services, as well as any other dental services, you may need.
Contact your dentist in The Woodlands today, or call us at 281-367-3900, to begin the journey towards the smile you deserve!
Dr. Robert Dernick (General, Cosmetic, Implant Dentistry, and TMJ)
Dr. Mike Freeman (General, Cosmetic, Implant, Sleep Apnea, and TMJ)
Dr. Alisa Reed (General, Cosmetic, Implant, Laser, Sleep Apnea, and TMJ)
Dr. Wade Williams (Orthodontics)
Dr. Nikita Vakil (General, Cosmetic, Implant Dentistry)
Dr. Leslie Blackburn (Pediatric Dentistry)