We all know how important it is to get regular exercise, keep up with our physicals, maintain a healthy diet, and avoid stress. But did you know that regular, general dentistry is just as important for maintaining your health and the health of your family as all of those other things? No matter how fit you are, no matter how many vegetables you eat, no matter how often you meditate, see your primary care physician, or take your kids outside, if your teeth and gums aren’t healthy, your body won’t be either. That’s why the Woodlands Dental Group puts so much emphasis on General and Preventive dentistry for the whole family – and why we make it available right here in one, beautiful and convenient location.
The Mouth Body Connection
For more than a decade, the doctors at the Woodlands Dental Group have been advising patients about the importance of oral hygiene and the effects poor oral health can have on their bodies – and now, finally, our philosophy of the oral-systemic connection is becoming more mainstream. Study after study has proven that:
- Gum disease is linked to everything from inflammation and immune system issues to certain cancers and cardiovascular disease
- Worn, missing, broken teeth can lead to TMJ disorder which triggers everything from tinnitus and popping or locking jaw to chronic migraines and depression
- Decayed and infected teeth can cause abscesses and lead to everything from severe pain to dangerous bacterial infection and sepsis, Ludwig’s Angina, septicaemia, brain abscesses, and meningitis
- Oral cancer can spread throughout the body and go unnoticed because it presents with very few, early symptoms
- Poor spacing or malocclusion, late eruption, or oral infection can affect children’s school performance, confidence, jaw health, and the future of their adult teeth
Clearly, taking care of your teeth and smile with preventive dental care from the experienced and caring doctors at the Woodlands Dental Group should be part of your regular health routine!
Our General & Preventive Services :
- Comprehensive Exams
- Oral Cancer Screenings
- Hygiene & Cleanings
- Periodontal Therapy
- Fluoride Treatments
- Partials / Dentures